About The Kern County Lake Isabella Department Of Human Services Food Stamp Office
The Kern County Lake Isabella Department of Human Services Food Stamp Office, located in Lake Isabella, CA, administers the federal Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program for Lake Isabella residents. Often called “food stamps,” SNAP benefits provide nutrition assistance for income-eligible households. The U.S. Department of Agriculture oversees the SNAP program, and SNAP Offices distribute benefits to Lake Isabella residents. The program reduces food insecurity and poverty by providing supplemental nutrition assistance for low-income households.
You may contact Food Stamp Offices for questions about:
- Lake Isabella food stamp eligibility
- Applying for food stamps and SNAP food benefit
- Calculating SNAP benefits
Can I Get Calfresh If I Am Not A United States Citizen
You may be eligible if you are a qualified noncitizen. This includes Permanent Legal Residents , refugees, asylees , and individuals granted withholding of deportation or removal.
In addition, Cuban/Haitian entrants, individuals paroled into the U.S. for a least one year by immigration authorities, conditional entrants .
Furthermore, certain victims of domestic violence, victims of human trafficking , and applicants for U visa/interim relief are also eligible for CalFresh.
Notice Of Action And Fair Hearing Rights For Denials Of Expedited Service
In general the CalFresh office must provide a written notice of action denying CalFresh benefits. CDSS has taken the position that there is no notice of action required when the county denies expedited CalFresh.
If the applicant is denied and does not agree with the CalFresh offices decision not to give expedited service, there is a right to an agency conference within two days. The person also has the right to request a formal fair hearing regardless whether the person had an agency conference or not.
In California, the household also has the right to ask for an expedited fair hearing, since it has been denied emergency benefits. The hearing is held within 10 business days of the state determining there is an urgent need for the hearing.
Also Check: Renew Food Stamps Oklahoma
Kern County Lake Isabella Department Of Human Services Food Stamp Office Contact Information
Address, Phone Number, and Hours for Kern County Lake Isabella Department of Human Services Food Stamp Office, a Food Stamp Office, at Lake Isabella Boulevard, Lake Isabella CA.
- Kern County Lake Isabella Department of Human Services Food Stamp Office
- Monday: 8:00am – 5:00pm Friday: 8:00am – 5:00pm Tuesday: 8:00am – 5:00pm Saturday: Closed Wednesday: 8:00am – 5:00pm Sunday: Closed Thursday: 8:00am – 5:00pm
Kern County Calfresh Renewal Process
You must turn in this recertification application and be interviewed before the end of your certification period to continue receiving CalFresh.
In many counties, you can complete this recertification application online.
We will first explain the recertification process, then we will explain how you can complete the process online.
You May Like: Apply For Food Stamps In San Diego
Read Also: Qualifications For Food Stamps In Kansas
Kern County Dhs Office Bakersfield
CA DSS – Department of Social ServicesIn California, eligibility for food benefits and/or cash aid assistance is determined at the local county office. This the local County office. CAlfresh is the State of California Food Stamp Program, also know as SNAP. This is a county operated Federal program. Benefits are for food or food products for a healthy nutritional diet. Electronic Benefit Cards, EBT, are used to purchase CAlfresh items. Income requirement for CAlfresh: CalFresh households, except those containing an aged or disabled member or where all members receive cash assistance, are subject to gross and net income determination tests. Gross Income – all non-excludable income from any source including all earned income and all unearned income. The maximum gross allowed is 200% of the Federal Poverty Level . If the household passes the gross income test, then the net income test is computed. Net income is computed by deducting the following, if applicable, from gross income. The resultant amount cannot exceed 100% of the Federal Poverty Level. Office Hours: Mondays through Fridays 8:00am to 5pm.
Bakersfield And Kern County Job Training
CETF Career Services Center of Bakersfield focuses on job training, placement, and homeless prevention. They also offer use of computers, including laptops. Examples of their services are below.
- Computer courses are taught, as well as receive free internet access. Some charities can provide computers, or .
- Staff and volunteers assists eligible clients with job placement, career training, job search assistance and other services.
- The Homelessness Prevention Program is available for some towns, including Shafter, Arvin, and California City. They work closely with Catholic Charities on emergency rent and utility bills. They can refer people who are homeless to shelter or other social services.
- Financial assistance may be provided to those who complete self-sufficiency and other services. Receive help with needs such as transportation and child care, or receive clothing for your new job. Transportation assistance is wide ranging, and can include such things as mechanical assistance or repairs to your car.
- Other resources include gasoline allowance or a bus pass can be issued. The Child Care assistance is provided through the Kern County Community Connection for Child Care. As indicated, a clothing allowance or vouchers may be provided for those who have a job interview and need a new suit or dress.
CETF Career Services Center is located at 1600 E. Belle Terrace, Bakersfield California, 93307. Main telephone number is 325-4473
Don’t Miss: Compass.ga.gov Renew
The Ridgecrest Food Stamp Office In California
If you live in Ridgecrest, you can find the California food stamp office in your city. Whether you have recently decided to apply for food stamps or you have questions about benefits, you can come to your nearest facility for assistance. It is important that you know where you can go to discuss your Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program enrollment in case you have questions.
No matter where you are in the California Food Assistance Program application process, you may need to visit a SNAP office. You may also call these facilities by phone using the food stamps number if you have questions. No matter where you live in the Ridgecrest area, there is a food stamp office near you that you can contact with any inquiries you may have.
Organizations That Provide Financial Aid For Rent Energy Bills And Other Needs
Information on charities and non-profit agencies is below. In addition, over 100,000 Kern County and Bakersfield residents receive assistance every year from the Community Action Partnership of Kern. This organization is a non-profit that provides resources and financial assistance for Kern County residents.
- Weatherization services Will assist low-income families and individuals to better utilize their available income and save money. It will help them reduce and save on their heating and utility bills by providing Weatherization services to their apartment or home, all at no cost to the owner or renter. The upgrades are fee!
- Housing counseling services. The community action agency can help low income families buy a home or stop foreclosure. Leasing and renting resources may be offered in Kern County as well. As an example, find details on a variety of .
Several other financial assistance and government programs are managed by the community action agency, including employment resources. More on the .
Health care from family health center Discounted or free primary health care is available to low-income residents in Bakersfield and Kern County California. Services that people can use include immunization, newborn physicals, OB/GYN services, well-child assessments and adult medicine. Dial 336 5300. The clinic is located at 1611 First Street, Bakersfield. Also, learn more on health care programs, including .
Also Check: Food Stamps Alabama Calculator
Deadlines For Issuing Expedited Benefits
If the household qualifies, in California the CalFresh office must provide the expedited CalFresh benefits no later than three calendar days after the application date. For the details of how to count the days, especially with mail and on-line applications, see ACIN I-14-11, ACIN I-14-11E , ACIN I-14-11EII .
In most counties, the CalFresh office will ask the household to come in to pick up the expedited issuance and EBT card. The county can mail the EBT card if it makes sure that the household can get the card within three calendar days.
The CalFresh office must get the CalFresh benefits to the applicant within three days even if the third day is a weekend or holiday. For example, if the household applies on a Wednesday and qualifies for expedited service, the CalFresh office must have the CalFresh benefits available by that Friday . In California, the weekend counts as one day.
If a household is entitled to receive expedited service applies for CalFresh benefits after the 15th of the month, the county welfare department must issue the first and second months allotments even when verification is postponed.
If an applicant doesnt qualify for expedited CalFresh benefits, then the office will process the application in the regular way, which can take up to 30 calendar days.
California Food Stamps Help
CalFresh is a benefits assistance program that helps limited-income individuals and families buy the food they need in order to stay healthy. If you live in the County of Fresno and need help with CalFresh, we can help. In this post, we will review everything you need to know about CalFresh Fresno including CalFresh eligibility, how to apply for benefits, How to renew your benefits, MyBenefits CalWIN login help, and DSS contact information. Before we get into CalFresh eligibility guidelines, first, we will explain what CalFresh is about and who is eligible to apply. Next, we will explain each
CalFresh is a benefits assistance program that helps limited-income individuals and families buy the food they need in order to stay healthy. If you live in the County of Contra Costa and need help with CalFresh, we can help. In this post, we will review everything you need to know about CalFresh Contra Costa including CalFresh eligibility, how to apply for benefits, How to renew your benefits, MyBenefits CalWIN login help, and EHSD contact information. Before we get into CalFresh eligibility guidelines, first, we will explain what CalFresh is about and who is eligible to apply. Next, we will
Also Check: Az Food Stamp Application
Don’t Miss: Food Stamp Office In Greenspoint
Calfresh Income Limits 2021
Most households must have a total gross monthly income less than or equal to 200% of the federal poverty level, to be potentially eligible for CalFresh.
|Number of People in Household
|Maximum Montly Gross Income Allowed 200% Federal Poverty Level
|Maximum Monthly Net Income Allowed 100% Federal Poverty Level
You May Like: Apply For Foodstamps In Texas Online
Who Is Eligible For Calfresh
Here are the categories of people who live in the state of California that are eligible for CalFresh:
- Any California household or individual with low or no income
- Supplemental Security Income recipients
- CalWORKS or CAAP applicants can apply for CalFresh as part of their application process for those services
- Students of higher education who meet eligibility requirements
- Legal permanent residents and qualified immigrants
Don’t Miss: Wv Food Stamp Guidelines
Oakland Food Stamp Program
The California food stamp program, commonly referred to as SNAP, is more popularly known in the area as CalFresh. This program was created to ensure that low income families would be able to have access to affordable and healthy food. This allows for families that are struggling to make ends meet and working on a budget to have a chance to provide good health and nutrition to those within their households. The benefits of the program are transferred through an EBT card that can be used at various locations that accept SNAP. Although the program has only recently been renamed to CalFresh, it has been part of the SNAP plan since 1977. Individuals have the opportunity to apply in person at an agency or online. The applications for the program are also available in a variety of different languages.
The following information can be used to learn more about applying for SNAP in the Oakland, California area.
Are There Items I Cannot Purchase With Calfresh Benefits
Yes. CalFresh benefits cannot be used to purchase:
- Any non-food items, including pet food, soaps, paper products, household supplies, grooming items, and cosmetics.
- Alcoholic beverages and tobacco products.
- Vitamins and medicines.
- Any food that will be eaten in the store.
- Any food marketed to be heated in the store.
Also Check: Alabama Food Stamp Eligibility Calculator
What Farmers Markets Accept Calfresh In Kern County
Many Farmers Markets across Kern County allow users to use CalFresh.
Here are three reasons why it pays to use your CalFresh benefits at Farmers Market
You can also get an extra $10 to spend on produce when you use your CalFresh EBT Card at select farmers markets under the Market Match program.
To find a Market Match farmers market near you, .
Make An Interlibrary Loan Request
- Renew online, via Tele-messaging , or by contacting/visiting your local branch.
- Your Library card and PIN number are required, if renewing online or with our automated system.
- Your PIN is the last four digits of your phone number at registration.
- The new date will be determined by the date of renewal, and not by the original due date of the item.
- Most items can be renewed twice. After two renewals, the item must be returned.
- Items already overdue can only be renewed by contacting the library directly.
- Items that are request by someone else cannot be renewed, even if there appear to be other copies available.
Items already overdue can only be renewed by contacting the library directly.
- During open hours:
Library materials may be returned to any library in the San Joaquin Valley Library System, regardless of where they were checked out.
If you have fees due on your library card, you can pay them at any Kern County Library location.
Acceptable Forms of Payment
- Each payment must be at least 10% of the current balance
If monthly payments are not made, the account will be sent to collections.
Is your account in collections?
You May Like: Food Stamp Office Decatur Al
Eligibility For Aged And Disabled Households
There are special rules for households with seniors and people who are disabled.
If you are age 60 or over, or you are receiving Social Security Disability or Medi-Cal due to a disability, or a full VA pension heres what you need to know.
You may be eligible with income over the regular limits if you pay very high rent and utilities and/or have medical expenses over $35 per month.